Availability Requirements: 20-25 hrs/week
Mission, Vision, and Core Values
The Freedom church exists to empower people to be free in every aspect of their life. Our vision is to impact and empower the lives of all we come in contact with to be free in Jesus Christ. We are a church where all people can experience the transforming power of the presence of God. We are committed to maintaining a “come as you are” culture where authenticity is the defining characteristic. More than that, we are committed to seeing people’s lives changed by the radical love of God and we are passionate about people becoming all that God intends them to be.
The Freedom Core Values:
- An empty seat is a serious matter
- Create contagious environments
- Unleash a culture of generosity
- We don’t maintain, we multiply
- We come to serve and not to be served.
- We build a legacy for the future generations.
About This Role
The Executive Administrator role is responsible for providing a high level of office management services as well as provide administrative and basic ministerial support to the Lead Pastor and team of directors.
Ministry Leader Culture-Driven Responsibilities
- Oversee, manage and motivate a strong and effective ministry team.
- Responsible for recruiting new team members for the growth of the ministry.
- Provides monthly quality check on performance goals, struggles, and areas of improvement.
- Facilitate ministry team meetings on a consistent basis
- Coach team members into vision-building, effective ministry habits and biblical principles of ministry for spiritual growth.
- Foster an environment for innovation and creativity to create strategies for vision alignment and progression of the ministry.
Ministry Specific Responsibilities
- Administratively support the Lead Pastor, team of directors and other leadership.
- Answer and facilitate phone calls/emails within 24 business hours but not to exceed 48 hours.
- Type correspondence and memos.
- Serve as a filter for emails, personal conversations and meetings at the discretion of the Lead Pastor.
- Attend meetings with the Lead Pastor and follow up on projects and events. Document action steps and filter them to the appropriate people.
- Prepare the weekly handout used on Sunday morning. Coordinate with various Directors to gather information, create a proofing system and send items to print as needed.
- Assist the Lead Pastor in tracking expenses, including turning in receipts and coding them to proper category.
- Oversee the master calendar of the church, ensuring that key events and details are announced and communicated at the proper times. Ensure that printed materials are ordered and arrive in time for use.
- Keep inventory and purchase all office supplies.
- Manage Director team assignments at the discretion of the Lead Pastor.
- Manage calendar and coordinate travel for the Lead Pastor.
- Participate in directors’ meeting, creative meetings and leadership retreats to provide evaluations and feedback to the team of directors.
Strengths & Skill Set
- Passion for leadership development.
- A demonstrated ability to work with people of all ages.
- Ability to handle challenging situations with creative problem-solving skills.
- Clear communicator and self-starter.
- Ability to train others and develop and lead a team.
- A team player with a passion for ministry.
- Highly effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
This position reports to the Lead Pastor.
While not specifically related to the job, here are some personal responsibilities of everyone on staff at The Freedom Church.
- Maintain God-ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus Christ first, your spouse second, your children third and the ministry fourth.
- Give at least 10% of your income toward the mission and vision of The Freedom Church.
- Be loyal to the vision and staff of The Freedom Church and always protect the unity of the church.
- Demonstrate a Christ-like attitude through all interactions with congregation, staff, and volunteers.
- Invest and invite the lost to know Jesus and come to The Freedom Church