First Friends Team Lead
Availability Requirements: 10-15 hrs/week
Mission, Vision, and Core Values
The Freedom church exists to empower people to be free in every aspect of their life. Our vision is to impact and empower the lives of all we come in contact with to be free in Jesus Christ. We are a church where all people can experience the transforming power of the presence of God. We are committed to maintaining a “come as you are” culture where authenticity is the defining characteristic. More than that, we are committed to seeing people’s lives changed by the radical love of God and we are passionate about people becoming all that God intends them to be.
The Freedom Core Values:
- An empty seat is a serious matter
- Create contagious environments
- Unleash a culture of generosity
- We don’t maintain, we multiply
- We come to serve and not to be served.
- We build a legacy for the future generations.
About This Role
The First Friends Team Lead is responsible for contacting all first-time visitors, gathering their feedback on their experience and building connections to serve as a friendly face and point of contact up until the completion of New Members’ Orientation.
Ministry Leader Culture-Driven Responsibilities
- Oversee, manage and motivate a strong and effective ministry team.
- Responsible for recruiting new team members for the growth of the ministry.
- Provides monthly quality check on performance goals, struggles, and areas of improvement.
- Facilitate ministry team meetings on a consistent basis
- Coach team members into vision-building, effective ministry habits and biblical principles of ministry for spiritual growth.
- Foster an environment for innovation and creativity to create strategies for vision alignment and progression of the ministry.
Ministry Specific Responsibilities
- Build and develop and oversee a team of friendly active-listeners.
- Process all connection cards and new member forms inputting the data into church management software and tracking spreadsheets.
- Write and send out handwritten “Thank You” cards to all visitors that provide a mailing address.
- Send email correspondence and make phone calls to visitors following approved script and guidelines.
- Make phone calls to new members to schedule them for New Members’ Orientation.
- Perform any other duties related to First Friends as directed on need basis.
Strengths & Skill Set
- Passion for leadership development.
- A demonstrated ability to work with people of all ages.
- Ability to handle challenging situations with creative problem-solving skills.
- Clear communicator and self-starter.
- Ability to train others and develop and lead a team.
- A team player with a passion for ministry.
- Highly effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
This position reports to the Outreach Director.
While not specifically related to the job, here are some personal responsibilities of everyone on staff at The Freedom Church.
- Maintain God-ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus Christ first, your spouse second, your children third and the ministry fourth.
- Give at least 10% of your income toward the mission and vision of The Freedom Church.
- Be loyal to the vision and staff of The Freedom Church and always protect the unity of the church.
- Demonstrate a Christ-like attitude through all interactions with congregation, staff, and volunteers.
- Invest and invite the lost to know Jesus and come to The Freedom Church