Media Team Lead
Availability Requirements: 10-15 hrs
Mission, Vision, and Core Values
The Freedom church exists to empower people to be free in every aspect of their life. Our vision is to impact and empower the lives of all we come in contact with to be free in Jesus Christ. We are a church where all people can experience the transforming power of the presence of God. We are committed to maintaining a “come as you are” culture where authenticity is the defining characteristic. More than that, we are committed to seeing people’s lives changed by the radical love of God and we are passionate about people becoming all that God intends them to be.
The Freedom Core Values:
- An empty seat is a serious matter
- Create contagious environments
- Unleash a culture of generosity
- We don’t maintain, we multiply
- We come to serve and not to be served.
- We build a legacy for the future generations.
About This Role
The Media Ministry Leader is responsible for overseeing and providing for the media needs of the church including (but not limited to): graphic design, video production, web design, social media and marketing. The Media Ministry Leader will also work with other ministry areas within the church to help ensure a consistent level of quality and continuity to all video, web and print media.
Ministry Leader Culture-Driven Responsibilities
- Oversee, manage and motivate a strong and effective ministry team.
- Responsible for recruiting new team members for the growth of the ministry.
- Provides monthly quality check on performance goals, struggles, and areas of improvement.
- Facilitate ministry team meetings on a consistent basis
- Coach team members into vision-building, effective ministry habits and biblical principles of ministry for spiritual growth.
- Foster an environment for innovation and creativity to create strategies for vision alignment and progression of the ministry.
Ministry Specific Responsibilities
- Serve all of the ministries of The Freedom Church in accommodating the media needs (graphic art, editorial, video production, public relations, printing, and advertising) of each department as needed/requested.
- Supervise and schedule all related media needs (graphic art, editorial, video production, public relations, printing, and advertising) of The Freedom Church.
- Work with all The Freedom Church departments. Make realistic estimates of outcomes, timelines, and budgets.
- Develop, train, and recruit volunteers in the area of media ministries.
- Ensure quality of all print, graphic design, and video related material.
- Contribute to the ministries technical decision-making with knowledge of graphic art, editorial, video production, public relations, printing, advertising, and implementation.
- Keep current with trends in video production, graphic art, print, and Public Relations.
- Plan for the resource needs of projects and appropriately assign team members to tasks.
- Develop and maintain budget and expenses for the entire Media Department.
Strengths & Skillset
- Passion for leadership development.
- A demonstrated ability to work with people of all ages.
- Ability to handle challenging situations with creative problem-solving skills.
- Clear communicator and self-starter.
- Ability to train others and develop and lead a team.
- A team player with a passion for ministry.
- Highly effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
This position reports to the Production Director.
While not specifically related to the job, here are some personal responsibilities of everyone on staff at The Freedom Church.
- Maintain God-ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus Christ first, your spouse second, your children third and the ministry fourth.
- Give at least 10% of your income toward the mission and vision of The Freedom Church.
- Be loyal to the vision and staff of The Freedom Church and always protect the unity of the church.
- Demonstrate a Christ-like attitude through all interactions with congregation, staff, and volunteers.
- Invest and invite the lost to know Jesus and come to The Freedom Church